StatCounter

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Onward to Day 2

Yesterday was a good day overall, but I suppose that was to be expected.  Ask me in a week - haha! Taking it one day at a time here.  Today, I anticipate smooth sailing as well.

Breakfast was a half shredded sweet potato cooked in 1 tsp ghee, 2 sausage patties, and the same egg white/veggie scramble with salsa as yesterday.  I also gave myself half a banana, but I decided not to eat it.  I was full, and there was no point in having it just yet.  And my coffee with coconut milk (the one I use is below).

Lunch was a pan-seared salmon filet (seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper) with fresh greens and a citrus vinaigrette dressing, a small avocado, and a half banana with some unsweetened coconut flakes. Originally, I was going to make this dressing:

Steph's Lemon Vinaigrette 

3 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp dijon (Whole30 compliant)
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp minced red onion
1 minced garlic clove
Salt and pepper to taste

But I found Tessiemae's Lemonette dressing at Whole Foods and decided to use it instead.

http://www.tessemaes.com/products/lemonette

Verdict:  It's good, but not zippy enough for me.  A lime spritz over the salmon and the salad made it perfect.

Dinner was shrimp scampi, grilled cabbage (http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-grilled-cabbage-wedges-157671) and a smashed potato.  It was terrific!



No comments:

Post a Comment