StatCounter

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 3

I had a dream last night.  I dreamt that I was sitting with some friends, and someone took out a huge, and I mean HUGE, Reese's PB cup.  It was easily 10x the size of a normal one.  I picked it up without thinking, started eating it, and then, in my dream, I remembered that I was doing this meal plan, and I was devastated.  Even in my dream, I knew I was only on Day 2, but the reality that I had to start over was crushing.  I hope I can remember that feeling because I was utterly defeated and so incredibly relieved when I woke up. 

The reality is much better.  So far, so good.  I'm really doing OK and not yet resenting the restrictions of this meal plan.  I'm holding my breath for the next 2 days, though, since those days are supposed to be the "kill all the people" days.  Days when many people have reported that they were so irritable and so difficult to be around that they didn't know how they would make it through the day, let alone 26 more.  I am really hoping to bypass that speedbump.  I'm irritable enough as it is!

Not much else to speak of here.  I feel fine.  Tired, but that can be attributed to my 10 mo old that has a cold and is waking up 5 times a night.  Cravings?  Not really.  Not really any at all, so that's good.  It makes it easier, for sure.  Also, my husband is joining me in eating compliantly at night, so I don't have to make special meals, and I don't have to watch him drink a beer or have a glass of wine.  I appreciate that greatly.

(ETA - He had a beer with dinner.  He was "stressed".)

So, what's on the menu for today?

For breakfast, the same egg/white veggie scramble (this time with mushrooms and green olives along with the peppers, onions, and jalapenos), leftover grilled cabbage, and 2 sausage patties.

For lunch, the same exact meal as yesterday.  It was so good.  SO good. (ETA - I need to be sure to add in a potato or nuts or something here, or just have a bigger salad - I got hungry way too quickly after lunch)


For dinner, turkey lettuce wraps, sweet potato hash browns, and Asian grilled asparagus.


Link to wraps:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/asian-turkey-cabbage-cups
No sugar, sub lettuce leaves

Dinner was wonderful, but I let myself get hangry, and I was miserable.  After work, I had to pick up the baby from daycare, take the older one to basketball (during which time I raided my emergency Larabar), come home and feed/bathe the baby, feed the older one, and then I could start prepping dinner.  Very bad planning on my part.  Won't do that again.  Luckily, I have a ton of leftovers, so tomorrow's dinner is hassle free!

See you on Day 4!






No comments:

Post a Comment